5/03/2010

ON MY MIND: PS FALL 2010 + ISLAMIC ART + CALLIGRAPHY +ALEXANDER MCQUEEN MEN F/2010


(photos:google, zakariya.net, style.com, GQ.com)

(taking notes during the film to blog later about!)

Today in my Creative Geometry class we learned more about tessellation's and watched a video on Islamic art and how the artists built mosques out of geometric tessellation's and patterns, and in your everyday life you wouldn't think that the art history would some how relate to math when you first look at it but it does! The Islamic culture was either not aloud to draw people or other graphic things in their art so they decided to create these geometric designs and have them repeat themselves for as long as they wanted to on a building or whatever they were drawing. (Correct me if I'm incorrect). With me being so passionate about art and everything seeing this film in my GEOMETRY class out of everything made me some what appreciate math...because everyone who knows me knows that I strongly dislike math

No comments: