10/23/2009

MY WEIRD STYLING: TAKE 4

(FROM TOP RIGHT DOWN: RING: VIVIAN WESTWOOD | WATCH: NIXON | BRACLET: FRED FLARE | BOOTS: DOC MARTINS | BAG #1: ALEXANDER WANG | BAG #2: URBAN OUTFITTERS | HEELS: ALDO)

TAKE 3! ok So I was reading this book quite some time ago called Surfers, Soulies, Skin heads & Skaters and I loved the book so much I scanned the whole thing...well most of the pages that interested me and recently in one of my technical drawing classes we were sketching suit jackets and so this is how this "my weird styling" post came about the suit pictured above is called a "Zoot Suit"
A Zoot Suiter is (what is described in this book); A man who wore Zoot Suits, usually Black or Chicano Americans at the end of the 1930s. The term became more widespread through the 1940s among jazz musicians. The Zoot Suit was a highly exaggerated outfit which evolved from the traditional 1930s male two-piece. A long single-breasted drape jacket with wide shoulders, wide lapels and multi-buttoned wrists was worn over loose,high-waisted, pleated trousers tapered to very narrow pegs at the ankle. The look was finished off with wide-brimmed hats, and a watch on a chain worn hanging from the jacket.


So If I ever wore/or made this suit in a more modernized tailored manner I would wear it with these items and lets make this clear I would not wear all of those gold accessories all at once I would either pick one and be satisfied...I'm not an over accessorizing type of girl. I like things simple and not cluttered

Enjoy!
and If you still don't know what "my weird styling" means click here

(by the way doesnt it always seem like I'm trying to throw some Doc's in there all the time?! OOPS!)

1 comment:

defeated.censor. said...

Oh my God. This post is absolute genius. No lies or exaggerations. Everything in this post is completely the root of your inspiration!!! This is what I'm talking about! That raw blogging that you do, and do it well.
Let me start with the Alex Wang bag. First of all, you need one in your life. They are just necessary. They just look so durable and you can rock them with everything.
The DOCS. I mean really?! Do I have to go there? the color? if that picture was lightened just a little bit, it would be a total channel of the Purple Rain era. aghhhh!
and the Vivian Westwood Gold Accent. Did you have to do that to me Alannah? I mean really? I'm rambling. Point of this comment. I died.